Monday, January 28, 2008

Super Bowl Right Around the Corner

Howdie Football Fans;
I went to a non sports Sunday afternoon party on the lake yesterday and got to meet some really great people. It got the wood burning upstairs in my brain and I was thinking that it would be a fun event at the club house to have a Super Bowl Party, with raffles, big screen TV, snacks and card games. Then I found out their is no Cable in the club house. Has anyone ever thought of having cable for big events, Super Bowl, World Series, etc. I think a donation jar or a cover charge for these events would off set the cost of the Cable Television. Just a thought to pass by everyone.
I know this Blog has some concerns about its intent, and to make it a bit clearer, its a forum for ALIA to get input on suggested Lake activities. A way to get residents to give ideas of functions and ideas. They can show their appreciation and input of functions in the past, and give input for plans for the future. Like all suggestions, not every one of them can be met, but its nice to have a forum where ideas can be initiated and brought to our meetings and talked about. The intention isn't for people to voice District concerns, management of the lake, and grounds issues. Another purpose of the Blog is to create an awareness that people like us on ALIA really want to do things to make a difference in our community, and be able to draw off from our local residents to participate, and find local talent to help in volunteering for workshops, and other activities that get proposed. Primarily its just for the ALIA discussion and to propose new ideas for activities on our Beautiful Lake and at our Club House. I hope this clarifies its function as my views to starting the Blog.
With that all said, I look forward to our informal meeting coming up soon, so we can gear up for 2008, like I said I am excited about this, and I know that Rome wasn't created in day, but its fun to start somewhere.
Hope to hear from you soon, ENJOY THE SUPER BOWL it should be one of the best YET!
As Always, I hope everyone has a great week.
Drew

No comments: